I used frozen hash browns and turn this recipe into a cheesy, sausage, satisfying meal that you can have anytime of day!
Start to Finish: 30 min
Makes: 3 servings
4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
1/4 cuo chopped green pepper ( I used red)
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 lb. smoked sausage, halved, then cut into 1/4 inch slices
3 slices process American cheese ( or shredded cheese of your choice)
1.In a large skillet, cook potatoes and pepper in oil over medium heat until potatoes are golden brown. Stir in sausage; heat through. remove from heat; top with cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. ENJOY!!
Who doesn’t love doughnuts on a Sunday morning, freshly made by you! You could go out and buy the expensive ones if you like. This recipes is easy and delicious and you don’t have to get dress to make them!
Prep: 30 min.
Cook: 5 min.
Makes: 20 doughnuts
4 1.2 to 5 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp. orange juice
4 tsp. grated orange peel
Oil for deep-fat frying
1. In a large bowl, combine 4 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Combine the eggs, milk,oil, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate for a least 1 hour. Now let me say this, make this the night before!
3. Turn onto a floured surface; roll to 1/2 in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2 1/2 in doughnut cutter or use a round glass, then a shot glass for the center hole. Works all the time.
4. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry doughnuts. a few at a time, until golden brown. Dust warm doughnuts with confectioner’s sugar or ground cinnamon. ENJOY!!
I whip up a double batch and freeze half for up to three months- pop one in the toaster when you want an on-the-fly treat.
Serves 10 Prep: 20 min
Cook: 20 min. FREEZE very well
1 link sweet Italian ( about 3 oz.) remove casing
1 baking potato, grated and excess water squeezed out
4 Tbsp. butter
1 3/4 cups flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. In a medium skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a fork, for 5 minutes. Add potato and butter, lower the heat and simmer until butter is melted about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Sir in the milk and eggs until smooth. Sir in the sausage-potato mixture.
3. Using a waffle maker, cook the waffles according to the directions. If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can easily make pancakes. It works just has good. When you are ready to freezer them place paper in-between each waffle so they don’t stick. Enjoy!!
Prep: 10 min Total time 25 minutes
Makes 4 Hoagies
1 recipe Spicy Relish (recipe below)
1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage
2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
Nonstick cooking spray
4 hoagie buns
Shredded lettuce (I used romaine or arugula)
8 lengthwise sandwich pickle slices (optional)
2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
hot pepper sauce (Yes, can do it!)
1. Prepare the relish. In a small bowl stir together, 1/2 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp. pickle relish, 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard, 2 tsp. snipped fresh parsley, 1 tsp. bottled hot pepper sauce, and 1 tsp. lemon juice. Put this aside.
2. In a bowl combine sausage and mustard. Shape mixture into six 4 inch parries, Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in hot skillet for about 6 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet. Cut patties into 1/2 inch strips.
3. Split hoagie buns, cutting to but not through the other side. Spread one side of each hoagie bun with some of the Spicy Relish. Fill with lettuce, sausage strips, pickle slices and hard-cooked eggs. Drizzle with the remaining Spicy Relish and sprinkle with hot sauce. ENJOY!!
Why just break open that flavor Oatmeal, when you can jazz it up yourself! Buy oatmeal in bulk at a fraction of the price and add your own fresh toppers. I do! Oatmeal is not only good for making cookies, it is good for breakfast. Add what you like to it, as they say Fresh is best! Try Adding these favorites of mine to your plain Oatmeal!
This is a great Casserole for a
big family Sunday breakfast or unexpected guests.
Serve hot right from the oven along with some
homemade Buttermilk Biscuits!
Leftovers can be keep in the refrigerated for up to 3 days.
PREP: 20 MIN
1 box of Italian seasoned croutons
1 package ham, diced
1 package of frozen (9 ounce) Chopped Spinach,thawed & dry
1 package of shredded Italian-blend Cheese (8-ounce)
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
10 large eggs
1 1/2 cups half and half
1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Layer croutons,ham,spinach, and cheeses in baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs,half-half, salt and pepper. Pour over the cheeses.
4.Bake until lightly browned, 40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
In the morning I love my eggs and bacon. So I tried this special Omelet that I saw in one of my cookbooks.
When Asparagus is in season I always use the heck out of it, from the pan, in the oven, or on the grill. I don’t plant Asparagus because it takes 1 year to grow, but the good news is it will come back year after year if you take care of it.
Time: 20 min.
Makes: 2 Servings
4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into small pieces
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp. chopped onion
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp. Butter
2 oz. cream cheese, softened and cubed
1. Fill a small saucepan 2/3 of water and bring to a boil.
Add asparagus; cook uncovered for about 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Remove and put asparagus in ice water to stop cooking.
2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper flakes.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour egg mixture.
It should set up immediately. As eggs set, push cooked portion toward the center.
2. When eggs are thickened, add the cream cheese and asparagus. Fold omelet in half. Reduce heat; let stand for about 1-2 minutes. You can cut omelet in half and add your favor cheese or not. Enjoy!!