These mini meatballs are packed with lots of favor. It is just one way to make a meatball.
Makes: 28 meatballs
Total time: 30 minutes
2 strips bacon, diced
1/4 cup diced, minced
1/2 lb. ground sirlon or hambuger
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. balck pepper
1 egg beaten
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a cookies sheet with pan or use foil or parchment paper.
2.Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high until crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. of oil.
2. Saute onion in same skillet in the the oil over medium heat until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
3. Combine sirlon, cooked bacon, onion mixture, and all the other stuff in a large. Add in the beaten egg.
4. Form mixture into 1 inch meatballs and place on cookie sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
These can be frozen for use later! ENJOY!!
I am going to add 49 more recipes to make meatballs- check back!
Making Zucchini Cakes during the winter is fun. I miss the summer garden where I had tons of zucchini. Making these make me feel like summer is not far off and they are really great with a side of pizza sauces. You can add cheese to your mixture, or anything you like. They are delicious!
Prep: 15 min Cook: 10 min
Makes: 8 pancakes
3 cups of shredded zucchini
2 large eggs
2 garlic cloves,minced
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1 Tbsp. butter
Marinara sauce or Pizza sauce, warmed up
1. Place zucchini in a colander to drain, squeeze well to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, garlic, slat, pepper and oregano until blended. Sir in flour just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and onion, and cheese if you like.
3. Lightly grease a griddle or frying pan with butter or oil olive; heat over medium heat. Drop zucchini mixture by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten to 1/2 inch. thickness. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce, ENJOY!!
Well, it has snow here today, so I decide to make myself useful and make these quick, versarile wontons for a savory snack for all the football games today that I know my husband will be watching.
Prep:30 Bake:10 min
Makes: 4 dozen Freeze Option
1/2 lb. ground pork
1/2 lb. extra lean ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (8oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 pkg. (12 oz,)wonton wrappers
Sweet and sour, optional
1. In a large skillet, cook the pork, turkey and onion over medium heat until mest is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the water chestnuts, soy sauce, and scamble eggs and ginger.
2. Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (keep the other wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)Please 2 heaping tsp. of filling in the center of the wrapper. Fold bottom cover corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
3. Please on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; lightly coat wontons with additional cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400 degress for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve warm, with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired.
Freeze Option; After cooling place wontons in a freezer container, sparating layers with waxed paper. Freeze up to 6 months!
Pull-apart monkey bread goes wild with six delicious flavors (some sweet, some savory) that are more fun than a barrel of well, you know!
Have some fun making Cinnamon, Choco-Nutty Banana Chip, Zesty Orange and Cheddar-Bacon, Cheesy Garlic or Chorizo & Chimichurri monkey bread. Use your creative imagination and believe me you will enjoy the outcome!
Here is the Basic Monkey bread recipe.
BASIC MONKEY BREAD
Serves: 8 Prep:30 min
Bake: 35 min
1 envelope (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
4 cups flour, plus more for kneading
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 stick butter, cut into 4 pieces, at room temperature, plus more for greasing pan
1. In a small bowl, mix 2/3 cup warm water and the yeast; let stand until dissolved, about 10 minutes.
2. Using a stand mixer with a dough hook; mix 4 cups flour, the sugar and salt at medium speed. Mix in the yeast mixture, eggs and butter pieces. Mix until smooth, adding more flour by the tablespoon if dough sticks to the sides of the bowl, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Transfer the dough to a buttered bowl; turn to coat. cover; let rise in a warm, draft-free area until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 360 degrees. Press down the dough. Pull off small pieces and roll into about 40 one inch balls. Generously butter a large Bundt pan.
5, Flavor the dough; pile the dough balls into the pan.
Bake until the bread is golden and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a large plate. Let cool 30 minutes.
Make sure you try add topping to your Monkey Bread.
Cinnamon Bun Fun
Make the basic Monkey bread recipe.
For the caramel sauce, in a small bowl, microwave 1 stick butter on high until melted, 30 seconds. Then add 3/4 cup light brown sugar and whisk until smooth. In a small bowl whisk 3/4 cup sugar and tsp. ground cinnamon. In an bowl, microwave 4 tbsp., butter on high until melted. Roll the dough balls in the butter. Add cinnamon sugar; toss to coat. Pile into the buttered Bundt pan. Drizzle with the caramel sauce; bake as in step 5, 35 to 40 minutes. You can add 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and 1 tbsp., water until smooth. Drizzle over warm bread.
Choco-Nutty Banana Chip
Make the Basic Monkey Bread. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp. ground allspice. In another bowl melt 4 Tbsp. butter. Roll dough balls in the butter. Add the brown sugar mixture, 1 cup mini chocolate chips, 3/4 cup chopped walnuts and 3/4 crushed banana chips; toss to coat. Pile into the buttered Bundt pan ; bake as directed. Drizzle the warm bread with 1/2 cup warm hot fudge sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and banana chips.
For the orange sauce, in a small bowl. microwave 1 stick butter sugar and 3 tbsp. orange juice, and whisk until smooth. In a medium bowl, microwave 4 tbsp. butter. In another bowl add 3/4 cup sugar, tbsp. orange zest. Melt 4 tbsp. butter. Roll the dough balls in the butter. Add the orange-zest sugar; toss to coat. Pile into the buttered Bundt pan. Drizzle with the orange sauce; bake as directed. Whisk 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, 1 tsp. orange zest and tbsp. juice until smooth. Drizzle over the warm bread; sprinkle with more zest.
Her are more ideas ! They are all made the same way just add what you like. It fun! And ENJOY!!
Halloween is just around the corner! It is my favorite holiday and the most fun one as a kid. Bring back a childhood favorite by making timeless treats. These caramel covered apples take a dip in crushed Oreos before getting drizzled with white candy coating. Oh I forgot, my mom used change it up using pears.
8 to 10 medium Apples
10 wooden sticks
32 Oreo cookies, chopped up
1 cup of butter, cubed
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 squares (1oz.) white candy coating, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup orange and brown sprinkles
1. Wash and dry the apples; insert a wooden stick into each. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; chill. Place cookie crumbs in a shallow dish; set aside.
2. In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, milk and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until mixture reach 248 degree (full-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
3. Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture to completely coat, then dip he bottom in the cookie crumbs, pressing lightly to adhere. Return to baking sheet to cool.
4. In a microwave, melt candy coating; sit until smooth. Transfer to small plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Drizzle coating over apples. Decorate with sprinkles.
Make different kind of decoration to your apples. ENJOY!!
Since I have a lot of tomatoes from my garden this year I decided to try my hand at frying up some green tomatoes. Those lightly battered plump tomatoes slices are gently fried before being baked to give them a crispy coating favor. I serve them with my homemade salsa.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. milk
1 cup bread crumbs ( or cornflake)
4 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/4 cup canola oil ( oil you like to use)
FRESH TOMATO SALSA
5 medium red tomatoes, chopped (seeded if you like)
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
4 1/2 tsp. lime juice
2 tsp. sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and cayenne. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl or a large plastic bag. Pat green tomatoes sliced dry. Coat with flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, then coat in crumbs.
2. In a large skillet, heat 4 teaspoons of oil over medium heat. Fry tomatoes slices, four at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as needed. Drain on a paper towels.
3. Place fried tomatoes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 4-5 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, combine salsa ingredients and serve with the fried tomatoes. ENJOY!!
Prep: 25 min plus chilling
Cook: 5 min plus cooling Makes: 16 -20 Servings
1 (8oz) cream cheese, soften
1 cup (8oz) sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 pound ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
2 cups (8oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
4 cups shredded lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, diced
1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on a 12-14 inch pizza pan or serving dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.
3. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and green pepper. Serve with chips. ENJOY!! Meatless Dip: For those who don’t like ground meat, you can use refried beans with a package of taco seasoning to add to the bottom layer. Can’t go wrong. Try it!!
Prep time: 6 minutes
Yield: 3 to 4 cups of salsa
2-3 medium sized fresh tomatoes
1/2 red onion
2 serrano chiles ( remove the seeds) very hot if you don’t
Juice from 1 lime
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of Fresh Oregano, Basil, Parsley. to taste!
Pinch of ground cumin, more to taste
1. Chopped the tomatoes, chiles and onions. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse only a few times, just enough to finely dice everything. Place in a serving bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for an hour for all the flavors to combine. ENJOY!!
Since I have all the fresh ingredients, I make a lot of salsa and add it to chicken and pork dishes! Fresh herbs
are grown on the front porch for all my favorite dishes.
2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
1/4 pound sliced ham
1/4 pound sliced pepperoni
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 jar (14oz) pizza sauce, divided
1/4 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
1/4 pound sliced bologna
1/4 pound sliced hard salami
1/4 pound sliced Swiss cheese
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1. Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled. Punch down. Roll loaves together into one 15 x12 in rectangle.
2. Layer ham, pepperoni on half of the dough(lengthwise). Sprinkle with onion and green pepper. Top with 1/4 cup pizza sauce. Layer mozzarella, bologna, salami and Swiss cheese over sauce. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Spread another 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on top. Fold plain half of dough over filling and seal edges well. Place on a greased 15x10x1 in. baking pan. If you don’t have, use foil on a pizza pan will work.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Heat the remaining pizza sauce and serve with sliced Stromboli. ENJOY!!
Since I had so many jalapenos from the garden this year I decided to stuff a few for a 4th of July party we attended.
If you like a little kick, you’ll love these zippy.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
22 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
Ranch salad dressing, works well as the dipping sauce and put out the fire a little.
1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; fold in sausage.
2. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. into each jalapeno half. Place in two ungreased 13 by 9 inch baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is lightly browned and buddy. Serve with ranch dressing if desired. ENJOY!!