You are going to love this cheesy chicken meal. What flavor it has when you use fresh herbs and fying it with cheese breadcrumbs was the best!
3 Tbsp. mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped (flat leaf parsley, marjoram, sage and thyme
6 cloves garlic, crushed
3.5 oz. butter, softened
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 chicken breast fillets
3 oz. plain flour
2 eggs, whisked
3.5 oz Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
3 oz. Panko breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp of the fresh herbs, the crushed garlic and softened butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the garlic and herb butter together, place it into a plastic wrap, roll it up like a sausage and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Place the chicken breasts fillets on two sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten the fillets by bashing them gently with a wooden rolling pin until they are all even in size and about 1/4-inch thick.
4. Remove the garlic and herb butter from the freeze and slice into 1/4-inch thick discs. Place a disc of butter on one side of each of the chicken breast fillets, and fold the non-buttered side over it. Press down the edges of the chicken breast and pinch with your fingers.
5. Place a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add enough vegetable oil to fill about an inch up the sides. Place the flour on a plate and season with salt/pepper. On another plate, pour the wisked eggs and on another plate mix together the breadcrunbs, remaining fresh heabs and cheedar cheese.
6. Dip each chicken breast in seasoned flour, then the egg and lastly the cheese and herb breadcrumbs. Fry each breast in the oil for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Then trasfer to the pre-heated oven to cook for 20 minutes.
I the serve the chicken with a good green salad. ENJOY!!