Let the Defelice family and friends help make this Christmas your favorite time of the year! We have put together all kinds of cookie recipes, decorations, and delicious foods for you to enjoy! We have festive decorations, homemade meals and gifts wrapped with great ideas for all. The perfect way we share Christmas cheer is in our homes of family and friends.
Homemade cookies from the heart mean so much to us that we are sharing out recipes for you! So when it comes to planning our menu for Christmas Eve dinner look no further, you are welcome to make our recipes!
As I always say ENJOY!!
Christmas Tree Shortbreads
Makes 16 Prep: 15 min.
Bake: 25 min.
No need for a cookie cutter to make these. I make this shortbread dough to make a lot of different cookies.
To make the cookie dough:
2 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp. (8 oz.)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture; beat on low speed until just blended. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm. About 1 1/2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Position the rack in the center of the oven. Halve the cookie dough and press each half into two parchment lined 9-inch round pans.
For the Icing and decoration you will need:
4 Tbsp. green colored sugar
Instant Icing (see recipe)
Yellow gum drops
2. Using the tines of a fork, gently crimp the edges of the dough. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. green colored sugar over the dough in each pan. (You need a little green food coloring and sugar- mix together)
3. Bake until golden around the edges and just cooked I n the middle, about 25 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, cut each into 8 wedges directly in the pan. Place pans on a rack; let cool.
Instant Icing recipe is easy.
In a bowl, microwave your favorite store bought frosting on high until melted, 10 to 15 seconds.
4. Fill a plastic bag with vanilla instant icing; snip off a small piece from the corner of the bag and form garland over the trees. Decorate using M&M’s minis and yellow gum drops for stars. Enjoy!!
Makes 24 Prep 15 min.
Bake 20 min.
You are going to need 2 tubs vanilla frosting and food color, red, yellow and green.
Here is how to make the dough:
3 cups of flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup molasses
1.In a medium bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients. In a large bowl using an electric on medium-high, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the molasses and egg. Add flour mixture; beat on low until just blended. Halve the dough. Shape into disks, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
2.Position the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat oven to 350.
3. Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Press down the gingerbread dough evenly into the lines pan.
4. Bake until the top is dry. 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Using the parchment paper lift out the cookies out of the pan. Remove the paper.
5. Place half the frosting in a medium bowl; tint with red food color and spread on the cookie. Divide the remaining frosting between three small bowls. Tint one yellow, one green and leave one white. Using a bag decorate the cookie with stripes. Cut into 24 squares. Enjoy!!
Leave Top Cupcakes
Getting recipe from my friend if she will give it up!! You know who you are 🙂