Thump! There it is. The bag of Zucchini left on your doorstep by your favorite neighbor. Me! Oh yes, lots of zucchini and your thinking what am I going to do will this! Here are some favorite recipes you are really going to enjoy.
Total Time: 35 min Servings: 8
8 oz. dried spaghetti
3 to 4 oz. cubed pancetta
1 Tbsp. EVOO
3 medium zucchini (about 1 1/2 lbs.) ends trimmed and spiral cut
1 tsp. saffron threads, finely ground (or 1/2 tsp. paprika and 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric)
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Meanwhile, in a 120inch skillet cook and stir pancetta in hot oil 10 minutes or until crisp. Tranfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add zucchini noodles and saffron to skillet. Using tongs, toss zucchini to caot with skillet drippings. Add cream, increase heat to medium-high. Cook just until boiling. Remove skillet from heat.
- Toss spaghetti with zucchini in skillet. Sprinkle with cheese; toss again. Add enough reserved cooking liquid to reach creamy consistency. Top with pancetta and additional cheese to taste. Enjoy!
5 very large zucchini, end trim, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick.
1/4 cup butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
2 Tsp. chopped basil.
1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
8 oz. thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Lighty coat zucchini slices with cooking spray on one size, season with salt , pepper. Working in batches, grill zucchini on both side about 4 to 8 minutes to get char marks. Preheat oven to 350 degress. Butter a baking dish and place zucchini.
2. For the white sauce, melt butter and cook onion, add flour cook 3 minutes. Add milk whisking to combine. bring to boil. Stir in basil, nutmeg, salt , pepper. Remove from heat.
3 Layer a third of white sauce, a third of zucchini slices, half of the mozzarella and Parmesan; repeat layers. Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes. Remove and let stand. Top off with fresh basil. ENJOY!!
Here are some more to try!
Zucchini and Feta Fritata
Meatballs and stuffed zucchini
Quick-Pickled Zucchini and Zucchini-Walnut Cake